Sunday, June 17, 2012

Feeling The Love...The Fitted Love!

On of the things that many people love about MCN's is that they are self contained, you don't need to faff around with pins and covers, so the fact that fitted nappies need a cover is a bit of a turn off for some people...but not here.

Since fairly early in my cloth nappy journey I have felt the fitted love!



Up until recently my "fitted love" has been mostly sentimental, up until my last (biological) baby I used the old style terry squares with covers, they have served me well and I loved them.  At one point I had close to 6 dozen of them, for 2 bubs in cloth, and I still have close to 30 of them in reasonable nic sitting in a box that I can't bear the thought of throwing out or turning into rags.
Nappies with covers have been a BIG part of my 19 years of parenting and fitted nappies are just a bit reminiscent of that.



But while I knew in my head that they were more absorbent, because the whole nappy is absorbent, the littlest Rascal has not really been a heavy wetter.  AI2's have always worked well and an over stuffed pocket nappy got us through the nights.

All that has changed now though...

As bub has gotten bigger he has started leaking out of his night nappies so we had to try something new.  I was looking into fitted night nappies, but I have some gorgeous Fattycake Fitteds from Fluff E. Stuff that I thought might do the job.  So I added an extra trifold and covered them with some fleece longies from Bubba-Boo by Charnee and voila...no more leaks, and since I already had all of those things, no expense either.



But my real appreciation of the virtues of fitted has come with the littlest foster Rascal.  I mentioned in my last post that we had been blessed with a little one who's future was very much up in the air.  Well the situation has changed and he is going to be with us for at least 6 months (a huge weight off my mind for the moment at least) but OH MY LORD can that child pee.  He has outpee'd almost every AI2 and Pocket nappy that I have, and all I can say is that I'm glad I didn't get rid of most of my medium sized fitteds...they are the only thing that works!  And oh the fun I am going to have increasing my stash!!!

I am still working on finding him a night nappy, he's a skinny little bugger so I don't want anything too bulky, but he often outpees his huggies by midnight so the sooner I can get on top of it the better, but I can guarantee that when I do find the right one, it will be a fitted!
So now I not only know it in my head but I can tell you from personal experience that fitteds ROCK for a heavy wetter!  hehehe

It's been a while since I had a lot of time to sew but I am off now to attempt to make some fleece longies for him, since ours are all too big...wish me luck :D

You can find us on facebook here or visit our webstore here :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment - we love to hear your views! :)